You know how the spirit moves! One minute you aren’t involved and the next you’re involved up to your eyeballs? Well, it’s happened to me again. The parallels are too obvious:
1. April, 1965, I chose to go to the South to register black voters. April, 2011, I’ve chosen to go to the South on a Civil Rights Travel Course.
2. April, 1965, I began asking for sponsors for my trip to the South. April, 2011, I’m looking for sponsors for my Civil Rights Travel Course. This time I’m not asking friends, but organizations.
3. In 1965 I was setting off with people I didn’t know to do something I didn’t know how to do. In 2011 I’m setting off with people I don’t know to do something I don’t know how to do.
4. In 1965 I was totally excited. In 2011 I’m totally excited.
5. In 1965 I suspected I’d come back from my experience a changed person. In 2011, well, you get the point.
So, what am I going south to do this time? I’ll be blogging this?